Do you rely on a septic system to take care of your wastewater needs? If so, did you know that your septic system is great at saving you money on sewage costs? Since this is such a great benefit, you want to do all that you can to keep your septic system functioning smoothly. Not only does this save you money, but it also allows you freedom from the sewage problems that would otherwise arise. Just how can you keep your septic system running smoothly? One way is by following the proper steps of septic maintenance.
The best septic maintenance involves taking care of the things you can do on your own first, and then calling us for septic maintenance services every so often. Now, you may be wondering what things you can do to maintain your septic system and keep it in excellent condition, so here are just a few ideas to get started:
- Keep your septic system free of chemicals that aren’t biodegradable
- Only put organic waste down your septic system
- Do your laundry over many days, so that your system isn’t overused
- Fix leaky faucets, toilets and other fixtures ASAP to cut down on water usage
- Keep track of services performed on your septic system
- If you suspect that you need to enter your septic system, don’t! Some of the fumes are toxic
- Don’t build driveways or other heavy things (such as a storage building) around your septic tank or drain field
When you know it’s time for routine maintenance of your septic system, give us a call. We’ll keep your septic system functioning well so that it can continue to serve your needs.